Selling Your Static Caravan, Mobile Home or Lodge Has Never Been Easier

Here at Sunrise Holiday Homes, we know all too well how difficult it can be to sell your static caravan or mobile home and how time consuming the process often is.

Wherever your caravan is sited, whether it’s on a holiday park or on your own private grounds, location is no issue and we will help advise you on the disconnection process where required by liaising with your holiday park.

To start the process all you have to do is contact us via telephone or email and provide the relevant information needed in order for us to give you an immediate quote and make a deal to get your unit viewed, payment made and collection arranged.

Why Sell to Us?

Selling a static caravan is often a very long winded process and is less than ideal, in particular, for those coming off a park as there are very limited options.

  • Sell to the Park

For those on-site, in some cases if you are lucky the park might be willing to buy your static caravan from you, but this often comes with an extremely low buy back price.

  • Sell Privately

A lot of caravan owners try this route once they have received the low quote from their park, but this method is difficult due to the crowded market. Owners have to constantly try to arrange viewings, take endless phone calls, answer numerous questions and the result is often no sale, low ball offers and a waste of your time.

  • Sell to Us

Contact Sunrise Holiday Homes today and we will offer you a great price for your static home with no obligation to accept, no hassle and no timewasting.

<h2>Our Buying Process</h2>

If you are interested in selling your static caravan, then here is more information on our stress free 5 step buying process.

  1. Complete our form

Fill in our form below including all the required information on your caravan as well as any extra details you think are relevant and photos of both the interior and exterior dwelling.

  1. Receive Your Quote

We will get back to you as quickly as possible with an honest valuation and offer price for your static caravan.

  1. Inspection

If you are happy with our quote, then we will arrange to inspect the caravan at your convenience in order to examine the exact condition of the unit and confirm the given price.

  1. Fast Payment

We pay you an immediate £1,000 deposit, and the balance upon collection via instant bank transfer.

  1. Collection

Our team take over from here and liaise with the park to organise de-siting and collection which is one less stress for you to deal with!

If you are looking to sell your static caravan, then be sure to fill out our contact form and see what great deal Sunrise Holiday Homes can offer you!

Your Name (required)

Your Email (required)

Telephone Number (required)

Caravans Location (required)

Caravan Make and Model

Caravan Year

Caravan Size


Double Glazed WindowsGas Central HeatingElectric Central Heating

Modified from Standard

Condition out of 10 (please be as honest as possible. 1 being poor and 10 being excellent)

Please tell us where you heard about us

Extra Details

Upload Image 1

Upload Image 2

Upload Image 3

Upload Image 4

Upload Image 5

Upload Image 5

Sell Your Static Caravan, Mobile Home or Lodge

Planning Permission for Static Caravans & Mobile Homes

Planning Permission for Static Caravans & Mobile Homes
February 7, 2016 admin


Planning Permission for Static Caravans & Mobile Homes


What is planning permission required for?

Planning permission is required if you are developing land. Development is “the carrying out of building, engineering, mining or other operations in, over or under land or making of any material change in the use of any building or other land.”

Let’s consider the implications of both “building” and “building operations”. Buildings as we know them now have a broader meaning, as people are building all sorts out of… well, all sorts! But the courts have decided that a caravan cannot be a ‘building’. The actual definition of a ‘Caravan’ is “any structure designed or adapted for human habitation which is capable of being moved from one place to another whether by being towed or by being transported on a motor vehicle or trailer”.

Technically, if you are siting a Static Caravan or Mobile Home within the garden/ planning permitted grounds of your property, it is very unlikely you will need planning permission, provided a relationship remains between the house and the Caravan i.e. Occupants (kids, elderly relatives etc) are using the house to shower, or eat etc. So it is an addition to the house and not a separate dwelling.

However, if you already have a caravan or structure the size of a caravan, you should be able to replace it with a New Static Caravan or Mobile Home under permitted development, sometimes provided it’s been there for more than 10 years.

Planning Permission

Do I need planning permission for my mobile home?

Technically, no, as it is a mobile structure and not changing or developing the land it will be on. But there are some points to take into consideration, such as; where is the caravan going to be sited? How long will it stay there, and what is it going to be used for? Typically if you’d like to live in a caravan on a plot of land you will need to apply for planning permission. However, if you are doing a self build or renovation project and your house in uninhabitable then you will have no problem gaining permission for one.

For more in depth advice feel free to give us a call as people are using static caravans and mobile homes for all sorts of uses! For example, have you seen our famous Sunrise Lodges? A fully self contained annex solution working out around 50% cheaper than building!

Please Note: whilst endeavoring to provide you with as much information as possible; we are not planning specialists and would advise seeking local council advice before siting a static caravan or mobile home on your own land. Also, within some residential areas in the UK you may have a covenant on your house deeds specifying whether or not a caravan can be placed upon the land, this is often a good place to start.


Below, we have an example of a letter you could send/email to your council explaining your idea, referencing all the important bits so you shouldn’t need full planning!


Example Letter/ Email for your council



[Your Address]


Dear Sir/ Madam,


I am proposing to station a mobile home in the garden of my property above. I enclose a plan with the proposed stationing area edged red.

I understand that I do not need planning permission to station a mobile home in my garden from ‘Section 29 of the Caravan Sites and Control Development Act 1960’ (as amended by the 1968 Act), I understand that if a mobile home is sited within the curtilage of the dwelling house, and used for ancillary purposes it does not amount to development requiring planning permission. I would be grateful to receive confirmation of this, or if a certificate of lawful use/ similar will be required.

The mobile home would be stationed within the curtilage of my house, would comply fully with ‘Section 13 of the Caravan Sites Act 1968’ and the definition of a caravan/ mobile home. It is a purpose-built log cabin style mobile home from a reputable manufacturer with over 35yrs experience. It is fully moveable, built on a chassis and wheels, its construction and size are all compliant with the definitions of a caravan/ mobile home.

The mobile home would be placed on the land and would not be fixed permanently to the ground. It will require no major building works for installation and all services will be fully removable.

It would be used as… [an annexe for family member(s) / spare bedrooms / guesthouse / staff accommodation / office etc.] …thus providing extra space as part of the overall use of the main house. The mobile home will share services, facilities and access with the main house, and not be classed in any way as a separate or independent dwelling.

If you have any questions, please feel free contact me. Otherwise, I look forward to receiving your confirmation.


Yours faithfully


[your name]




Mobile Home Planning Legal References


Section 55(1) of the Town and Country Planning Act 1990 defines ‘development’, which requires planning permission, as carrying out of building and other operations or making of any material change in the use of any buildings or other land.

Under s 55(2)(d) of the Town and Country Planning Act 1990 the use of any buildings or other land within the curtilage of a dwellinghouse for any purpose incidental to the enjoyment of the dwellinghouse as such is not to be taken to involve development of the land.

The Caravan Sites and Control of Development Act 1960 Schedule 1. Cases where a Caravan site License is not required. 1. Use within curtilage of a dwellinghouse. A site licence shall not be required for the use of land as a caravan site if the use is incidental to the enjoyment as such of a dwellinghouse within the curtilage of which the land is situated.